Baby Spice Turns 23

The baby of the family finally turned 23 yesterday and we headed into Adams Morgan to celebrate.

hullo ladies!

We started out at Millie & Al's, famous for their $1 jell-o shots, which go in effect every time a giant lightbulb lights up... (and everytime a light bulb comes on, I will most likely exhibit symptoms of post-traumatic stress from this point on).

Joann's Drink Counter: 1 beer, 2 jell-o shots, lots of water (currently feel like busting a move, but still feel awkward about dancing in public)

We had a bit of a dance party, where Joey showed off his skills at "fist-pumping" made popular by Jersey Shore natives...


We went to find a place to dance, and ended up somewhere with awful tunes, so we took over on the music front... and Casey topped her evening off with a shot of whiskey (shudder...).

Jes didn't want to dance, Joey and Justin didn't really care and danced with her anyway (shocking).

Joann's Drink Counter: more water, a sip of gin & tonic (currently dancing to New Edition's "Candy Girl" with friends, not caring that we're the only ones doing so)

I'm sure he wasn't responsible...

By 1 am, we were all headed home (sure, we try to party like rockstars, but we still sleep like 80 year old women)... on the way, Joey decided to squash my hopes and dreams.

Allow me to explain, my favorite part of Adams Morgan (well, besides seeing friends...), is leaving and hitting up Jumbo Slice in the process of doing so (nothing is more satisfying than a giant slice of greasy pizza after an adventure in Adams Morgan). But NooOoooOOOooo, Joey decides to put the kibosh on the Jumbo Slice tradition (he mentioned something about thanking him later, but I'm going to just pretend he wasn't calling us fat kids) so I left Jumbo-slice-less and hungry. :/

But, all in all, it was a fun night. Jumbo Slice or not...

Happy Birthday Case of Base!

Comments

Joey Bersack said…
I was doing everyone a favor by not stopping. Plus, we weren't that drunk we needed nasty greasy pizza to help soak up the alcohol. Also, Victoria Secret tonight, I am not going to make it. I have a meeting with Jen to discuss upcoming doritos commercials. Eat some nuggets and think of me. I hope I will be able to at least watch the show.

Popular Posts