workin' girl...

I usually avoid posting anything about work, but I don't even know why, since I work for an awesome company and there's never anything bad to say about it...

To catch you all up, we are opening a new store in Leesburg, VA, something I am especially excited to be a part of, because it will be my first store opening (eek!) and we have put together an amazing team!

Some of the Leesburg Bakery Team!
Ljiljana, Yolie, me, and Cathy

Sarah and Dawn (from our Cakes and Patisserie team)

Today, all of the Full-Time employees were invited to the National Conference Center in Lansdowne, VA (amazing, btw) for an introduction by Danny and Colleen Wegman (CEO and President of Wegmans), some other really important people and a great overview of the company.

It was an amazing experience and really helped to remind us of the values that makes Wegmans such a successful business and more importantly an amazing place to work!


A video that Sarah actually put together that does an amazing job summing up today!

On top of all of that, they also served AMAZING food from this quarter's MENU magazine and all of the recipes are in this season's edition! I'm all over the spiced apple and pumpkin soup... well that and everything else they had for us to try.

YUM!

Stuffed and happy :)

Afterwards, Cathy, her husband and I had drinks and dinner (yeah, I know... we somehow still had an appetite...) at Not Your Average Joe's, a really nice bar/restaurant right down the street and they had AMAZING margaritas (and a turkey burger smothered in tzatziki... uh, yesss.).

Cathy eyeing her margarita.

I'm getting SO excited as we approach our November 8th opening! Come and check us out!!

It's really such an honor to work with this incredible team and today was a great way to meet our Leesburg family!

Comments

Anonymous said…
my video for the opening day will be much more chaotic and crazy! lol.
Joann said…
Oh my gosh yeah! Can't wait for the craziness on that video!

Popular Posts