Slow Cook Season...

The other day, I was dying for something braised, hearty and super-easy... and of course Menu Magazine came to my rescue... yet another reason why I'm obsessed with Wegmans.

I decided to try the slow-cooked chicken cacciatore. YUM. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING better than pan searing some chicken, sauteing some veggies, throwing it all in a slow cooker with some sauce, and then letting the magic happen on its own.


I went to the gym, cleaned a bit, made a trip to Target, and when I returned, I was greeted with my favorite smell in the whole wide wooorld... the smell of food.

This recipe is definitely worth a try (get it here), and is especially delicious over rice or with crusty bread to sop up all of the delicious sauce... one of those dishes that are really REALLY good left over.

I adjusted the recipe a little by cutting my own peppers and mushrooms... also, add more onions than they call for, you'll thank me later.


Pen searing chicken leg quarters... I opted out of chicken breasts for this recipe fearing it would be too dry.
The leg quarters worked perfectly.


I also made some chocolate chip cookies with walnuts... it was a busy day in the kitchen. Meagan stopped by on the way to work that night and helped me devour some of the cookie dough. What a pal.

I actually just followed the recipe on the back of the bag of Wegmans brand chocolate chip morsels. Good stuff!

photo courtesy wegmans.com

Comments

Joey Bersack said…
WTF Joann, where was my invitation? I am a text away. Don't you forget that.

Also, I am commenting on your posts. Please do the same.
Joann said…
I commented on yours today! Kimora!

I made dinner for my family and Meagan was working at 11 that night, so she swung by before work for some cookie dough (that girl has a sixth sense about these things...).

I'll save you some next time I make cookies!
Susan said…
Speaking of an invitation... I wish I could be so lucky as to have you cook for meeee. Le sigh...

Popular Posts