Paula Deen Day!

Among other things, I you know, HUNG OUT with Paula Deen today!

That orange blob on the right?
That's me... HANGING OUT... with Paula Deen and her husband Michael.


Well, by hang out, I mean speechlessly gawk at her while she was signing my copy of her new cookbook and then ineffectively resist being ushered away from her presence. All in a matter of about 5 seconds. le sigh...

I'm sure the feeling of sparks flying was mutual though.

Michael and Paula coming out of the elevator and greeting the masses!

How did this all begin? About two weeks ago, I was attending a seminar at the Lake Manassas Wegmans and saw a flier for the Paula Deen book signing, but tickets were SOLD OUT (obvs), Jules and I would not accept this as the truth... so she pulled strings and the strings she pulled pulled some additional strings, and BAM.

We arrive at 9:30 this morning for what was scheduled to begin at noon, chowed down on some awesome Breakfast Pizza and waited (I squealed a few times)... and Paula was on time! So, not only is she amazing and beautiful, she's punctual too! GAAAHH!


Paula saw a hat she liked. Freaking adorable.

And the fact that she brought her adorable shrimp boatin' husband Michael along with her? Even better. He was so cute.

But honestly, she is SO down to earth and absolutely stunning in person. We were ALL starstruck in every sense of the word. I even shed a bit of an embarrassing tear when she grazed my hand. Seriously, that amazing.

LOVE this lady! Her smiles are contagious!

LOVE HER. I can't believe that happened really... what an amazing day!!

Comments

Popular Posts