Dazed and Confused...

Yerin, Joey and I met up with Allison for a Pink concert last night at the Patriot Center. It was an AMAZING show. I saw her a few years ago opening for J. Timberlake and I remember her being awesome, but daaaang, the girl is consistent.

Allison and I waiting for Pink to come on!

More waiting...

There were trapeze artists, she had a cellist, violinist, four-inch heels, elaborate costumes... and on top of all of that, she flawlessly belted out each of the songs. And when I say belted, I mean, belted. It was incredible.

Yowzers!

Pink belting out the last number, out of control!

The Ting Ting's opened for her and were quite good, but they didn't really do a great job of getting the crowd excited... until they sang the one song everyone knew, then they were awesome.


So here comes the whole confusing part of the thing... the demographic that Pink's music apparently appeals to. I was pretty confident going into this that we would be the oldest people there. Quite the contrary. Turns out, Pink really appeals to middle-later aged folks...

like this woman with the fierce mullet...

...and this dancing scooter

The show was amazing though (and I obviously cannot emphasize this enough), so I understand why they're fans. After the show, Yerin and I decided to distract ourselves from Joey's moaning about traffic by taking some photos...

I'm a happy happy hippo.

Yerin was really happy too, as always.

what and incredible show!

Comments

Leslie said…
you look good, joann. just wanted to let you know.
Joann said…
pfft. Giiirl, it's all lighting and luck and maybe a little magic...

After realizing my arm was freakishly (read: phenomenally) skinny-looking in the first photo, yerin and i spent the rest of the evening attempting to take "skinny arm" photos.

We live a sad, sad life.
Joann said…
I also ate a quarter of a gallon of ice cream just now... while watching Man v. Food.

And really want to try this bacon cheeseburger with a krispy kreme donut as a bun... MmMmmMmmmmmm...

Popular Posts