sure is Wild, but not as Wonderful as they promise...

I'm currently in zombie mode... Freshly showered and ready for bed, I just needed to take some time to do a quick recap of what exactly happened in the last, oh 24 hours.

I had a Sunday off from work (and this doesn't happen often) I decided to be "adventurous" and take advantage of this blessing. Well... let's just say working didn't seem like such a bad option after today.

Let's start from the beginning of this tale though, shall we. I get off work on Saturday night around 7 PM and decided it would be a good time to take a whole CARPE DIEM kind of attitude into this whole weekend adventure.

Katie and I headed out to Lucky Bar in Dupont Circle to meet up with Joey and his friend Allison for her birthday. We met Liz at her apartment in Adams Morgan to get ready, naturally took about 2 hours to do so, and a few drinks and dancing, finally made it back to Liz's around 3 AM.

Me & Katie

Ready to Go! Liz, Katie, and Me

Wow. I don't think I've ever stayed out that late. But no folks, the story most certainly does not end there. You would think, well they just slept in until noon, got brunch, and took it easy all day.

Nope. Apparently when I said carpe diem, I meant CARPE DIEM. So, we roll out of bed at 9 AM and head out to meet Yerin at the metro, where we headed out to West Virginia for some White Water Tubing. Um... anyone who knows me knows oil mixes better with water than I do. But again, I had the day off and was not going to waste it, so I pop two Dramamine and put on my best game face.

Fast forward to the end of what seemed like being stuck in a washing machine for two days, I had managed to vomit not once or twice, but six times. That's alright, West Virginia deserved it for being home to such an awful adventure. We end up locking ourselves out of Yerin's car and met some rather interesting characters while waiting for the locksmith... I decided it would be a great idea to bring my camera in a little ziplock baggie, but I guess I did not understand the words "white water tubing" very clearly, and had a close call with the camera that has been my partner in crime while doing this blog for a little over a year now...

Liz

Katie

Jason came too, he ended up losing one of his sandals to the river.

Liz and Yerin before Liz and I got separated from the group

So, lessons learned:
1. No matter how many times I try, I get sick from just THINKING about motion sickness... so I will no longer be involved in any activities involving: tubes, rivers, planes, boats, ferrys, ocean, etc. (And Dramamine no longer works for me.)
2. Never buy a Hyundai Tuscson, they're impossible to open without a key... even the locksmith took an hour to get it open. Koreans apparently hold security as a rather important feature. Pssh.
3. Ziplock baggies might protect your food from freezer burn, but don't be fooled, it's no match for torrential currents and giant boulders. So far, the camera is still working, so buy Sony.
4. This whole carpe diem thing is intense and is not for novices like me.

I think next Sunday, I'll be pefectly content (even a little greatful) to be at work.

To be fair though, the weekend was absolutely insane but SO much fun.

Comments

Joey Bersack said…
You need to elaborate more on the event that took place. What happened with Yerin's car. You say that you learn that Hyundais are hard to break into, but you don't explain what happened to cause you to try. Write that into the post.
Joann said…
thanks for the critique bersack, but in order to protect a friend from a certain amount of embarrassment, I felt it was necessary to leave their name out of the blog post. Basically the keys somehow managed to get locked in the car.
Susan said…
I cant believe I missed all this!!

Also I highly recommend the patch you put behind your ear for motion sickness. My doctor prescribed it to me. So far it's the only thing I've found that works. I get sick kayaking lol so don't feel bad.

And seriously when are we having our date?!

Popular Posts