An Impromptu Dinner!

Turns out that since the move back to Sterling, I'm all of the sudden comfortably closer to a lot of great people, including some super-nice coworkers that call and invite me over for an impromptu dinner. Take, for instance, Nitaya.

Since I've got a huge soft spot for two things in life - one being Thai Food (and the other being Buffalo Wings - I know, it's embarrassing) ... I was game.

Lek's daughter, Lek, and Nitaya

the amazing spread... and the adorable dinner plates

Jim and Gidey (who happened to be building me a patio this afternoon and also works with me and Nitaya, so he snagged an invite as well)

I had never been to Jim and Nitaya's and it is INCREDIBLE. Basically like living in a super-comfortable art gallery... you know, if art galleries are typically equipped with luxurious outdoor hangouts, incredible food, a gym and cedar saunas.

They have accumulated some beautiful artwork all over their house, several of my favorites were done by Doug Maxwell, an LA-based artist who created these huge gorgeous plates (as well as some custom fitted pieces) for their home. Check out his website here!

An example of one of the plates taken from the artist's website (they come in plates as large as 33" wide).
I'm seriously considering making one of these beauties my first ever "real" art purchase!


Such a fun and relaxing evening! I seriously LOVE being back in Sterling!

Comments

Popular Posts