Bojangles, I miss you.

Sorry folks, it's been a while... so be warned, this is a LONG one.

Meagan and I made the trip down to North Carolina this week, for Elizabeth's housewarming party sans Sara, who had to work. :(

Well... how do I sum up this trip down South (South is anything past Manassas as far as I'm concerned)? Ridiculous. Everything was ridiculous. The amount of food (cake) we ate, the people we met, and everything we were able to accomplish in the short amount of time we spent in the state.

Ridiculous.

It all began like any other trip you would expect Meagan and I would take... certain provisions were made, including snacks (cupcakes) for the ride, a stop at Bojangles... you know, important things of that nature.

This is what Key Lime Pie cupcakes from Target taste like. It was one of those things that sound like a good idea at the time...

Why am I so happy??

because of bo-tato rounds and the cajun chicken biscuit. duh.

Meagan hard at work.

We finally arrive at Anna's house (Elizabeth is staying with Anna and her family in NC) just in time to play with the two kids, help with decorations, and get going with the housewarming party. Since I'm not a mom, I suppose I have the luxury of picking favorites.

And my favorite is this little goober. We'll call him Caleb.

Caleb and Meagan goofing around. That kid is precious beyond words.

Georgia Ann ain't too bad herself.

Elizabeth's cake. Or "Jamie" as she's known to everyone else in the world.

Meagan showing off some of the decorations we helped with.

Ready for guests to arrive!

After the awesome housewarming, we headed out downtown to see the sights. We ended up in a whirlwind of an adventure, which involved an awkward conversation with a biker that looked like Fez from That 70's Show (my first experience of ever being the object of someone's cheesy affection, come to find that that kind of woo-age is not very affective. I may or may not have laughed at his advances...), and some characters from the Steak and Shake (one of whom was named "Toot." I have no idea why, and wasn't willing to stick around to find out.).

Downtown

We managed to get up at a reasonable hour the next day (despite crawling back home a hair short of 4 am - ridiculous) and taking the kids to the Natural Science Center (or something like that), where we saw fish, snakes, a giant pendulum (we were too tired to try to figure that whole situation out... something about magnets and poles I'm sure...), and a small petting zoo. Good stuff.

Before we left, we played with the kiddos some more, took them to Biscuitville (at this point, I don't think there is a single food in the entire world that couldn't be made better by serving it in between a biscuit.) and then scooted on back to VA.

Georgia Ann taking pictures of the fish.

Meagan playing some more with Caleb. This kid is obsessed with playing.

@ Biscuitville!

would really love to be swimming in that now...

the cutie that sat next to me

Us with Anna

Woo... I'm tired just blogging about the ridiculosity. It was a lot of fun though!! Thanks for having us Anna!

Comments

Lauren said…
Bojangles is OUT. OF. CONTROL! One of the diamonds of The South, I'd have to say . . . mmmMMMmmm!!
Joann said…
I LOVE me some Bojangles!!! I would give up a kidney for a cajun chicken biscuit right now...

Popular Posts