Bachelor Pad.

Having unfortunately been born with the ailment of being "Asian," I am having to pay for it by being required to live with my parents until I: 1) get married, 2) get married, 3) get married, or 4) get a job out of state (even then they'd probably make me take a helicopter to work).

So, since they recently moved, I recently moved with them. But this time around, they're giving me a little taste (maybe more of a nibble) of freedom by giving me what I like to call a "bachelor pad," meaning I get the basement. It's pretty swanky, has its own entrance, a bedroom, bathroom, living space, blah blah blah... it'll tide me over for a few more months before I get desperate to leave again.

But, since the house decided to spring a leak, drywall and carpet is in the process of being replaced and refinished, so I'm currently living in what looks more like a construction site than a bachelor pad.

Behold, the makings of freedom:

general living area... perfect for future book club meetings

the "entertainment nook" that will house my future boyfriend... a 42" flatscreen.

corner of the room I will call, "my office"

future indoor orchid jungle area...

I'll be sure to post more photos when it's actually done. All I know is, with all the crap I've gotten at World Market, my bachelor pad is going to be baller. I guess I can't really call it a bachelor pad if I'm planning to hold book club meetings and have an orchid sanctuary in it... it's more of a "I-want-to-live-in-an-Anthropologie-catalog" pad.

Comments

Susan said…
omg I want to live in an anthropologie catalogue!!!
Joann said…
Come on over. There's plenty of room in Anthropologie!
Lauren said…
BOOK CLUB BOOK CLUB BOOK CLUB!!This basement looks PERFECT for whatever we end up doing actually :D

Popular Posts