he looks pretty dead to me ...

This weekend, Elizabeth came home and we had a sleepover/played house while her aunt and uncle were away. I had an epiphany of sorts as I was driving out to Centreville... at 22 years of age, this was my first ever experience in 'babysitting' if you will. But dang, turns out we were awesome at it. By "we" I mean Meagan and myself. Elizabeth was more of a supervisor.

Meagan and I were wasted after laundry/dishes/dropping the kids off. Elizabeth is probably on the phone.

The first night was spent ordering Chinese (I know...), watching movies (Yes Man and Saw V), and eating ridiculous amounts of ice cream with sprinkles. I think it was around bedtime when I realized the kids were more mature and responsible than we were...

reenacting a scene from Yes Man


Meagan missed the cue

The next day, the kids were sent to school and we house-wived it up and had a cookout before attending a performance at Nick's school. It was then that we were reminded of how awkward high school was. But they had red velvet cupcakes, so it was cool. Nick also did an amazing job!





Comments

Popular Posts