a Foray into Fredericksburg

Sometimes, I forget how in love I am with Fredericksburg... I invited Joey to come down with me to pick up some art I had at the Griffin and we met up with Kelly (obvs) and Tara and Tara's new pet rat.

chatting at the griffin

I had never been through the back of the Griffin and in the dark, it looks like The Secret Garden... or what I would imagine the Secret Garden would look like. It was disgustingly adorable and I want to live there for the rest of my life.

a blurry photo of the Secret Garden of the Griffin... it reminds me of Van Gogh's "Cafe Terrace At Night"

We took down some of my art that had been there for the month, and we put up some ceramics... I took some photos before we packed it all away though. Who KNOWS when they'll ever be hung up again, so why not. We chatted for a bit, then after everything was packed away, we hit up Capital Ale House downtown (delish).

Africa taking over the wall




the Charlotte Street painting was apparently made to be shown on exposed brick...

To wrap up the terribly short trip, we went back to Charlotte Street to hang with Tara and the rat, which was surprisingly adorable.

hanging out in Tara's amazing room

I want to be in Fredericksburg forever. :(

Comments

Cassondra said…
I miss you and the Griffin so much, seeing those pictures made me start to tear up.
ex-squeeze me... i believe someone said they would holler at me when they were coming to get art from the griffin. i listened long and hard and heard no such holler.
HOLLER.
Joann said…
uhh DUH this was clearly a test to see if you're reading this blog...

Obvs you do. :)

I was only in tizz-own for like 3 hours, Joey had to hurry back cuz he had to go to work the next day, but since I'm obsessed with Fred and have a renewed obsession with Fred, I WILL BE BACK SOON!!!!

Popular Posts