A Day Off - Part Two.

Since my weekend was Wednesday and Thursday this week, I cleaned with the passion of the Pine Sol Lady on Wednesday and pretty much devoted all of Thursday to adventures in gastronomy. (All 22 year-olds do this on their weekends, no?)

My day pretty much started like this:

Hey Joann, you like beets... I think I'll roast some. So I did and told people and had to brave several comparisons to Dwight Schrute. Whatever, he's my hero and I love beets.

beets: pre-roasting

Then, I made a "salad," which ended up being a huge pile of cucumbers, avocado, and salmon with a little bit of lettuce. In my mind, salad must have been derived from the word for "throw whatever you want into a bowl and drizzle with dressing."


Then, Yerin came over, we played a little tennis, hung out at the Broadlands Nature Center (I get the feeling it's intended for kids ages 3-7) where we saw a giant rabbit, some turtles, and bugs. Woo hoo!

It was around two in the afternoon, I made the decision to throw Joann's Mid-Winter Fiesta of Awesomeness. So we went grocery shopping.

Then made food.

Quesadillas with Chipotle Peppers (hot hot hot!)

Yerin did an awesome job making the rice

Guac (of cooourse)

Corn & Tomatillo Salsa makes a guest appearance

Some Fruit Kebab action... served it with Honey Cream sauce
(which tasted like old people, I figured out "Old People" flavor ended up being the nutmeg)


Then Joey and Meagan came over too!

And we ate (had some mimosas) and watched some Grey's Anatomy.

And all of the sudden, my middle-of-the-week-weekend was over :(


Test run was successful, so I will most likely be throwing themed dinner parties again. Next time, I'll have to plan a little further in advance (i.e. give people more notice) so more peeps come to the Mid-Winter Fiesta of Awesomeness.

Have a Great Weekend!

Comments

Susan said…
i need new posts... i need entertainment! and i need to see your face. :P

Popular Posts