Oy Vey.

In a sorry attempt to get back on the socializing saddle, I went out last night to an impromptu party (or two) in the NoVA area since I had to be back at work in the early AM. (Sorry Casey! Please move up here soon!)

Allow me to paint you a picture... I was expecting a gathering of the cocktail variety, so I went to work with one change of clothes and one pair of shoes. I spend all day trying to conserve my already loose curls (this is difficult, since I have to wear a hat all day) and leave relatively on time to run into the bathroom and change into dress and heels. Turns out, it is cold outside. So I leave the store looking like I came from Miami and it's my first time in 30-degree weather. Fine, moving on. Turns out, there was more in store for the evening, including an outdoor party thrown by one of Liz's friends from high school. I have a quarter of a glass of red wine.

Joann Drink Counter: 1/4 glass of red

Photos were taken, cookies were consumed, and there was a cute dog involved.

Liz!

Joey doing his best Blue Steel, me giving the stinkeye.

Abby being adorable

oh geez.

Taylor showed up! Me falling over.

Joey was our guide for the evening and made sure we stayed on schedule. We were outta there by 10 pm and on our way to his friend Katie's party. More alcohol, another breed of dog, and a few more photos later... I was wasted.

Joann Drink Counter: 1 1/2 shots of vodka

My 1 1/2 shots of vodka were mixed in with about 2 cups of cranberry juice, 1 cup of sprite, and two wedges of lime. Tasted delicious because I made them with virtually no alcohol. Everything was fine and dandy (I wasn't even buzzed) until about this photo, then it all went to hell in a handbasket.

Jes handling her alcohol and me not so much.

Next thing I know, Jes, Joey and I are en route to the nearest Taco Bell. We drop Jes off at her cute casa, where I manage to chew and swallow my way through a cheezy bean and rice burrito, and then I get dropped off and make it to my sweet, sweet bed. I was out like a light (as soon as I could get the spinning feeling to stop).

In retrospect, I'm doing the math and it seems impossible. Everyone tells me I am a lightweight, sometimes I'll admit it... but daaang. Last night was pitiful.

Comments

Popular Posts