Susie's Adventures of Gastronomy Part Deux

So, last night, Susie, Liz, Joey and I went to check out EatBar in Arlington. It was all I had ever expected from a place that Susie would recommend - trendy, tiny portions, cute cocktails, and one of a kind (none of that chain restaurant crap for us please). Anywho, it was an interesting take on tapas - American style. How you might ask? Think mini corn dogs and Fried Risotto Balls. I got a salad, which wasn't really my fav... I figured it out, it ended up being the licorice taste from the fennel.





(obviously my camera was having issues - and I need to talk to my friends about not looking to annoyed every time I take a photo of them)

After a light (and I mean light) dinner, we decided to go get pizza. For this, Susie recommended a small and nasty pizza place off the side of the road (very Coney Island) = Perfect. The pizza hit the spot and Susie got ice cream with rainbow sprinkles (rainbow sprinkles are awesome). It was a good time.



So, on the way home from dinner, Joey tells me about an opportunity to expand our professional horizons... so I agree and what do you know, this morning I get an email about submitting a fashion editorial on the new Heatherette line at MAC. (Guess I'll have to dust off Microsoft Word and call Liz up for a shopping trip to MAC for "research") Problem though, I really don't feel like the article will get published - mainly because of my knack for naming places like Urban Outfitters an "expensive way to look homeless." I guess the new Heatherette line is an expensive way to look like a drag queen (?) but then again, bright pinks and fun colors seem to be coming back... glitter however, that might still be a sore subject for some.

In other news concerning unpaid commitments, the internship with Cathy Jane is going really well. I've spent a lot of time getting to know Excel (good thing I'm amazing at it) and calling boutiques in the area. Once the website is revamped and more photos are up, hopefully everything will be moving along. I'm really excited about learning about the business and she seems like the person to learn it from.

Finally, an update on my day-job: they're pulling me from Floral. I am devastated. Apparently hours need to be moved around and people are going to Fairfax, so I am supposed to move to the front end next week or the week after that (about a month and a half ahead of schedule) to begin training as a Service Team Leader. I am supposed to be able to serve as night manager by the middle of August... um... ??? no. Of course I smiled and said, "YEAH.... sounds good." It would only make sense that they're pulling me out of floral - I LOVE IT THERE. So I'm kind of sad it was over before it really began. :(

But that's all for now, got some books at Borders last night, and I've been dying to start on them...

Comments

Susan said…
hahaha... i didn't even know you took a pic of me at the restaurant. please however remove the first photo of me with ice cream (so horrible) and please email the second. and thanks for the name drop! and sorry about floral. bummer. xo
Susan said…
and note how in the pic of liz im partially invisible/look like a ghost... creeeepy

Popular Posts