An Internship Update!

So, I'm really excited about this internship opportunity I just got with Cathy Jane. Sounds like she has a lot of experience in the fashion/wedding dress industry (Vera Wang, Carolina Herrera, Patricia Field, etc.), so I seem to be in good hands. We're meeting on Wednesday to get started on working with some contacts she has.

Speaking of weddings... working in Floral is going well so far (partly because of how much fun I'm having not really working at all). Today we did some light work and then spent the rest of time going through wedding magazines and tearing out pages to scrapbook for our future weddings. It's always ridiculous when you step out of the department and the rest of the store's busy. I kinda feel guilty about not having anything to do... but putting a scrapbook together for a future wedding is pretty hard work too.

For the 4th, I went to DC with Belen and Ryan. It was my first time watching fireworks in DC on the 4th... I've never been one for huge crowds... It rained a little (well, a lot really... but it cleared up in time) and ended up having a lot of fun! After fireworks, we ducked into Old Ebbitt Grill for some cocktails and a little crab and artichoke dip and hung out while the crowd died down outside.


Daaaaang. (good thing the weather cleared out some people)



Me and B



Belen and Ryan

Roaming DC



I decided I want these fireworks at my wedding.

Comments

Susan said…
awwww. Old E Grill cute. I CANT BELIEVE this was your first time in DC on the 4th. So glad you went. And nice video of the fireworks.

Popular Posts