10 Days until homelessness and poverty...

So, graduation is creeping towards us... I've still got one more final (worth 40% of my poor, already suffering-from-senioritis grade) so I should probably start studying soon, but I've been more occupied with packing for our Dead Week trip to OBX.

We had our Painting II final critique on Monday and I think we were all pretty tired from working up until the time our paintings had to be installed... but it was sad leaving. We threw Di Bella a little party the class before the final to celebrate 30+1 years of teaching at UMDub and I'm glad we did, lots of good stories were told, really good food, and it was just a nice way to conclude the semester. (Stole these photos from Laura)

Prof. Di Bella = phenom.

Eating in the Painting Studio (!)

We Love FOOOD :)

story-telling (so amazing)

My ceramics individual study final critique was today (my last studio art critique ever - crazy !!!), and it's a very strange feeling walking away from the studio expecting to come back the next day but realizing it's over. I'll probably have to just roam around the building for a few days just out of habit... I have no idea what I'm doing after school, just trying to chase several of my interests... we'll see how that goes. I want to keep up with ceramics after school - I think I have a lot more to explore conceptually and stylistically (I'll include photos soon of the work I've done this semester for feedback).

Anyways, it's also very strange seeing new art students in the studio, their work is strong and it's exciting to see the new group of majors. I feel like with a department as strong and as close knit as the art department, it's almost impossible to not stay in contact after graduation. I know I'll at least be back for the senior art show next year (Booboo!) :)

Well, it's late, just wanted to get my thoughts on today out... but again, I'll put up some photos soon of my latest work.

Comments

Popular Posts