Under Construction

I'm baaaaaack! And unfortunately still a work in progress. :) 

Turns out, a lot can happen in a month. I basically went from posting that last pineapple blog post to buying a house. Not sure how it happened, but I signed some papers and next thing you know, I'm planning a housewarming party.

I'm absolutely in love with the new casa and still pinching myself over the purchase. Decorating it has been a slow and steady process - mostly because my timing is terrible (a brand new store opening in a week?!) and I'm realizing it's quite difficult to hang a chandelier solo, but it's coming together.

As I was saying, I had a housewarming get together last weekend and am still recovering. If you opened my fridge/freezer, you'd think the party hadn't happened yet. Turns out, I need to make friends with bigger eaters.

The biggest hit of the party? Chicken Pot Pie Fritters - recipe adapted from Bryan Voltaggio's cookbook Home. One of my favorite apps from his restaurant Family Meal.

I adapted it because well, no offense Bryan, chicken pot pie isn't chicken pot pie unless it has peas in it. But now that I have the power to turn any savory-pie filling/creamy soup into a fritter form, my mind's going wild. Clam Chowder Fritters? Chicken and Dumpling Fritters?

The other star of the show? The Bourbon Meatballs and they couldn't be easier! I've included the recipe below, but what's great about these meatballs? They go right into the slow cooker and you don't worry about them again until it's party-time! The sauce is super sticky and just sweet enough with enough bourbon to knock you over if you're like me and lose track of how many you've eaten. I'll deeefinitely be making this sauce to use with turkey meatballs and chicken wings!

This is the kitchen island that solidified the purchase for me. So big, I couldn't even get it in one shot. Can't wait to make pasta and Christmas cookies on this bad boy.

Bourbon BBQ Party Meatballs

You Will Need:
2 pound bag frozen meatballs*
1/2 (heaping) cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

*I bought a Wegmans Family Pack of frozen meatballs (4 pounds) because no one wants to run out of meatballs at a party! So I doubled the rest of the ingredients and it worked perfectly. 

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for meatballs. Mix well.

Put frozen meatballs into crock pot and pour the whiskey sauce on top, mixing to ensure every meatball is coated.

Turn heat to high for one hour, stirring occasionally. Once meatballs have thawed a bit, turn crockpot down to low until ready to party!

More to come on the chicken wing version of this yummy recipe! For the opening, I'll be hosting some guests at the new and improved Bed and Breakfast and will certainly whip up some wings for them! My best guess? Season wings with salt and pepper, bake/fry them, while reducing the sauce above, then coat them in that glorious whiskey sauce. 

Oh, how I've missed you guys. 

Comments

Popular Posts