Miami!

I tend to forget places like this exist when it feels like it's been snowing forever in Virginia…

After a quick trip to Miami, I decided it wouldn't be a terrible place to stay. The beaches are gorgeous, the weather is amazing (even their gray skies look amazing), and the food is out of control.

I flew out on Monday and got back Thursday night and in between there was a lot of relaxing, eating, and Kitchen Cousins appreciation time. The combination of contractors and ceviche is pretty hard to beat.

My first real meal in Miami was a chicken, mango and avocado salad - I've made this twice since being home. I loved the combination and they used a sweet chili dressing at the restaurant, which was amazing. My Mae Ploy has been putting some serious time in lately!

We headed to a Peruvian restaurant for dinner where we got hit with even more inspiration! The food here was SO amazing. Bright and fresh seafood and ginormous portions. We were stuffed to tears but we had to commit. We're heroes, really.

Mussels with an amazing relish on top - loads of lime juice, cilantro, corn, tomatoes, red onions, and celery!

Their mind-blowing ceviche. I really really really wish I would have remembered the name of this restaurant. I'll have to retrace my steps to get another taste of this stuff. 

We woke up early one day to catch the sunrise on the beach.

And on the last day, we went to Wynwood and Little Havana, where I just got overwhelmed with even more food and art. Talk about inspiration overload. I walked out of a gallery vowing to paint every waking moment of my life. Life gets in the way sometimes, but I'll be getting a move on this summer with some art-ing.

Gallery Dog. He gets to sit in a gallery all day and be the center of attention amongst gorgeous works of art. Life, clearly, is hard.

Stopped by the Instagramers Gallery and instagrammed an instagram.

Signage in Little Havana

And my last taste of Miami - amazing tacos from Viva Mexico!

For now, it's back to reality where I will have to ride out the bit of sunburn I got and prepare to start my new job next week! Eeeek!! 

Thanks for your hospitality Miami!

Comments

smithj.lau said…
Party in the city where the heat is on. All night on the beach till the break of dawn.
Leslie said…
I was JUST coming here to say, "Bienvenido a Miami, Welcome to Miami."

Popular Posts