Carrot Ginger Dressing

Because Tuesday was National The Mindy Project Is Back Day, I decided to whip up one of Mindy Kaling's favorite recipes from Gwyneth's book - the Carrot Ginger Dressing.

Homegirl knows what she's talking about. This dressing is the best! In fact, I haven't tried a dressing I didn't like from It's All Good, but this one is especially bright and flavorful. I've eaten three salads in the past 24 hours. No joke. This stuff reminds me of the dressing they have at Japanese Steakhouses - drinkably good. Just-give-me-the-dressing-and-you-can-keep-the-lettuce good.


You Will Need:

2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped (I didn't have shallots so I used 1/4 of an onion)
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons miso paste
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons raw honey or xylitol
2 tablespoons sesame oil (Gywneth says to toast it, I didn't)
1/2 cup grape seed oil (I used olive oil)
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Pulse everything together in a powerful blender until smooth.

It's the perfect dressing for spring. I'm trying to figure out other ways to eat it. I almost put it in my yogurt this morning. Almost.

I know Gwyneth must be going through a tough time right now (sorry girl), but maybe she could take all of her sad Chris-Martin-less energy and pour it into another volume of It's All Good?

I'm getting nervous about running out of new recipes to try.

Comments

Leslie said…
That recipe sounds good. Too bad I hate salad. Also her pushing of "xylitol" sounds REAL sketchy in view of her all-naturalness. XYLITOL? It sounds evil and chemical-y.

Popular Posts