4th Prep!

I'll be spending this 4th of July like I did last year - Jules and I will be heading to Kenan's casa to spend the evening eating phenom Turkish food! So pumped!

But for those of you having that traditional All-American cookout, fear not! I was forwarded this AMAZING site today: food52.com and have spent the last hour or so combing through the site and bookmarked some recipes to try at my next cookout!

Homemade Hamburger Buns Burgers with homemade buns
I hear you haven't had a proper hamburger bun until you've had homemade and THESE look like they'd be the type to change lives.

Cooked Green Salsa (Salsa Verde)
Cooked Green Salsa (Salsa Verde)
I grew tomatillos last year and can certainly attest to their tastiness in salsa form. THIS recipe looks amazing and super easy!

Sweet Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Y'all. Just LOOK at that picture. THIS recipe is a must-try.

and last but certainly not least, Lemon Cream Ice Cream
Jeni's Splendid Lemon Cream Ice Cream
THIS recipe makes me want to go out and buy an ice cream maker. O.o
There's no feeling worse than having to force guests to eat a pie you've made with oodles of love with your own two hands after they've stuffed themselves to the brim with BBQ-ed goodness. :/
This lemon cream ice cream sounds like the perfect solution!
Nix the pie this year. Everybody and their cat have gone low carb anyway.

But seriously. This site is amazing! Full of great resources and features like My Broke Kitchen, The New Veganism, Sunday Dinners, Meatless Mondays, and The Good Life, Gluten-Free. Check it out!

I'm off to scope out some ice cream makers, for real.

Happy 4th!


(all photos from this post were totes stolen from Food52)

Comments

Popular Posts