Announcement Time!

I've been waiting to announce the arrival of my new betta because well, you know... there is a grace period with these types of things and he's survived in my care for over a month now, so it's a pretty safe bet he'll be around for a while (knock on wood). 

I kind of jinxed the last two fish I posted photos of by forgoing this grace period :/ 

RIP Jax and Opi (and Jax II)... 

But whatever, fish are difficult.

This new guy, Sir Valentino Clemente is no exception... he is a half moon betta I guess that means he's fancier. I don't know. He was on sale. :/

I jazzed up his bowl with a live plant and a ceramic flower I made in ceramics studio (that I finally went to pick up last week!)

His uppity name fits his personality. Do fish even have personalities? If so, this scooter is highfalutin! When I first got him, I got a yummy shaker of bloodworms to give him as a treat (apparently bettas love these nasty things) but would Valentino eat it? Nope. Then I gave him regular betta pellets, but he didn't like those either. 

Well, I don't know how much you know about betta food, but that's pretty much their only option... I found out through too many ways of trying to coax this stuck-up fish to eat, that the only way he'll eat is if I crush the pellets into teeny tiny pieces.

What are you gonna do? With my luck, this betta will live to be 10,000 years old and I'll be crushing pellets for the rest of my life for this clearance fish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i always buy my pets on sale. NOT.
ag

Popular Posts