Say it ain't so!

Was Chris Cooley's address to the media not the sweetest thing you've ever seen?? For those of you who don't live in Virginia/DC and haven't heard the news, the Redskins released Chris Cooley this afternoon.

Not that I'm a die-hard Redskins fan, but I'm most def a Chris Cooley fan and it will be sad to see him go, especially since he's so involved with the community. But who knows, maybe he'll hang around Leesburg for a while!

I've been meaning to visit his gallery downtown, but every time I stop by, it's always closed (only open Thursdays - Sundays). Boo. But, in the meantime, I spent a good chunk of my time watching his ceramics tutorials - he's a pro at throwing and makes it look SO easy! 

... His buff-ness may have something to do with that.

Centering a lump of clay on a spinning wheel takes a lot more force than you might think...


Well Chris Cooley, you've inspired me to hit the wheel again and attempt to throw some sort of usable vessel. And Chris, if you're reading this... I can't offer you $3 million, but I'm just sayin' there's a market for ceramics tutors in the area...


... and I'm done being a creeper.

Here's to you 47!

Comments

Popular Posts