A Four Point-er

Dinner tonight was so easy it almost hurt. I'm riding a serious seafood train right now and can't seem to get enough of it, so dinner was Sea Bass. It was also only 4 ww points (brown butter sauce and all - Holla!) and I decided after polishing off a 4 point dinner, I am so back on track with this birthweight diet thing.


Ingredients:
2 fillets of Sea Bass (I cut each fillet in half)
salt
black pepper
dried parsley
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon capers

Directions:
1. Season fillets with salt, pepper, dried parsley and corn starch on one side. (I usually only season thin fillets of fish on one side since seasoning on both sides makes it super salty/seems excessive.)

2. In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, add olive oil and once olive oil is hot (you will see wisps of smoke) add fish seasoned side down onto pan. It doesn't take long to cook them and don't mess with them once you've put them in. Let them cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. 

3. Add butter into the pan and capers, moving the pan around and using a spoon, ladle butter and capers over the fish. Continue to do this until the butter turns a nice amber color (about 1-2 minutes).

4. Remove from heat and serve!


I served mine over a bed of mixed greens, no dressing. The heat from the fish wilts the greens a bit and brown butter is awesome on anything.

If you're not a big fish person, Sea Bass is a good place to start. It's got a good texture and mild flavor, cooks quickly and doesn't need much seasoning to make it shine. Try it!

I have some fillets left over for lunch tomorrow and with all of my extra time tonight, I roasted some garlic, red tomatoes, green tomatoes, jalapeños, and an onion. They'll go in the food processor, meet some cilantro, and I'll be enjoying these fillets tomorrow with some salsa over them.

Oooh... maybe I'll make fish tacos... yessssss...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want sea bass...

Popular Posts