How (Not) to Snag a Soccer Superstar...

The afternoon started like any when getting ready for the greatest date of your life... I took my sweet time getting ready, even attempted chalk-dying my hair to give it that extra AMURICA oomph.


And while it didn't show up very well on my dark hair, it's definitely a good just-crawled-out-of-Bonnaroo look. If you're into that.

MJ on our way in!

So, Carlos sprung a little bit of a surprise on me... he has found himself an adorable family, baby and all. Blarg. :/

And while my heart was crushed and USA lost, we still managed to have a good time from our fancy pants standing only (!?) section of the stadium.

Carlos, my sweet, sweet Carlos...

Five out of the record-setting crowd of 67,619 spectators! 

And the only thing to nurse a broken heart and an empty belly is Amphora... so we went for a super late dinner and I drowned my sorrows in delicious diner food... :(


Listen Carlos, I'm going to need some time to recover from this. Well, time and a double dose of Tim
Howard.

... who is happily married. 

ARG.

Comments

Leslie said…
How do you feel about Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas? http://www.hair-style.tk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Iker-Casillas-Hairstyles-Image.jpg

I feel positive.
Joann said…
I mean... he's alriiiiight... but Leslie... http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=21615802
Carlos has got the green eyeballs, the crooked smile, the Christian Bale's good looking twin-ish thing going for him.
Le sigh... I'm still hurting over the discovery of girlfriend/wife and child... wounds are too fresh to be eyeballing another soccer stud right away. :\

Popular Posts