running group bbq!

Yesterday was the BBQ potluck for our wittle running crew (minus Joey, Justin, and Matt. Sadface.)! A little practice round for the weekend of the event, I suppose (read: an excuse to have a BBQ with friends).

We gathered, we cooked... some of us complained about not being able to eat soon enough (YERIN). But in the end, we ate. We ate so hard. 

Made some grilled corn on the cob. Yummers.

Lauren made these incredible chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate cream cheese icing!

I attempted to fry some curds... :|


Burgers and Lauren with our spread. 

Is there anything better than a summer BBQ? The smell of grill on you, the mosquitos feasting on you, the cooking, the cleanup... I'll all worth it, BBQs are the best!

Comments

Leslie said…
I love how that grilled corn looks. And just to combine comments, those barbecue ribs look amazing and again, I don't care of barbecue and meat off the bone freaks me out a bit.
Joann said…
You'll have to come over for a BBQ! The grilled corn was SUPER easy. I kept the husk on the corn, soaked it in sugar water for a good hour or two. Grilled it, then pulled off some of the husk, put a slab of butter on it, drizzed it with some Wegmans basting oil, then a sprinkle of fleur de sel. Herby, butter, salty, corny phenom-ness.

Popular Posts