droooool.

I'm getting PUMPED for my upcoming trip to Madison, mostly because I associate that place with wonderful people and food. Oh, the food. Here's a little refresher from the last trip.

I spent some time today on Foodspotting, which propelled me to a level of delicious food anticipation from which there is no return.


If you don't have this app yet and you love looking at photos of food as much as I do, it's definitely worth the free download. I've scoped out a few places/foods I'm definitely going to need to check out this time around (and a few favorites I'm anxious to revisit). I love referring to this app especially when I'm visiting a new area, photos speak louder to me than words on a menu, or any review on Yelp.

Ugh. The little golden nuggets of fried cheese. I can't wait. 
If life were fair, I would have these every day.

I'm normally not a sweet breakfast food person, but THIS makes me want to change my mind.

I actually had these pancakes last time I was in town and they are SO good. Especially when you ask them to slather a little peanut butter and banana on top.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm going to ask the pilot if he'll fly the plane straight to Crema. Drop me off.

Definitely interested in trying this. They use the Chemex brewing method. Fancy pants.

I know some of you are probably thinking it seems silly to plan a trip around food, fine. I'll see stuff in between, but Leslie shared a quote from Virginia Woolf with me today that pretty much sums up my life... 

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."

Amen to that sister.

So in summary, next week, if all goes as planned, I will be elbow deep in fried cheese, pancakes and beer. Living well!

Comments

Leslie said…
That Chemex brewing method is really nothing more than a regular automatic drip coffee machine but it gives you more control over the brew time (how fast you pour) and the water temperature. Not saying it's not a good method, but it's nothing crazy unheard-of. Also we did that at Caribou. Nothing special. BUT it IS DELICIOUS.

I WANT BISCUITS AND GRAVY, WAFFLES, AND CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES.
Leslie said…
Also mad props on the Virginia Woolf quote. She was the bomb.uk. Ha, get it?
Joann said…
hahahaha nice Leslie. Also, I'm glad you said something about the Chemex... apparently they charge $5.40 for a cup of this stuff... I could go to Cancun for that price! I'll get my fix at Caribou!
Leslie said…
Update: We did it at Caribou for our Decaf coffee because we didn't sell enough to make more than a cup at a time when someone requested it. But it is MOST CERTAINLY not worth $5.40. Peregrine Espresso in Eastern Market uses that method, and it's cheaper than that. (At least if the Chemex method is the method in the picture.) Go to Peregrine in Eastern Market. They're a bit snobby but mostly worth the attitude.
Joann said…
Coolness! I've actually got a plan for some eastern market time in the works. This works out perfectly! Dude, the thought of having yummy coffee to stroll around eastern market with is giving me a case of the evil life-is-too-good giggles.
Leslie said…
This has caused me to buy a fancy stainless steel french press and a burr grinder from amazon. I miss my fancy coffee. It shall return to me on Wednesday. Also I will now be able to make bangin' iced coffee. Thanks a lot, Joann. Making me drop $60 on payday before noon.
Joann said…
MAKE ME ICED COFFEE. I remember something on the email chain about a recipe for it - I know nothing about coffee, only that I love to drink it. Iced coffee especially. SHOW ME YOUR WAYZ.

I've got a french press (two actually) but I'm burr grinder-less. Is this going to be a problem?
Leslie said…
You do not need a home grinder in order to make fancive homemade iced coffee. All you need is coarsely ground coffee. And a french press or a pitcher and metal filter. Also you need to wait 12 hours. I shall try to be fancy schmancy like you and document my first iced coffee making. And I'll send it to you in an email or something. I'd say come over and do it, but it doesn't take that long, and you have to wait 12 hours for the coffee to steep/brew before you can actually drink it.
Joann said…
Hahaha document away! I can't wait to try it. Oh snap... I smell a guest post on WTSM...(!!!!!)

Popular Posts