Easter Crafting!
Yerin got the idea to make a quilt in her head, which basically meant that I would be making a quilt for her. We spent most of Sunday afternoon and evening working on this giant project - and we actually made some pretty good progress.
Since it was so nice outside, we cut down most of the giant pieces of fabric outside and while Yerin got to work on cutting the batting, I started sewing the squares together.
Since it was so nice outside, we cut down most of the giant pieces of fabric outside and while Yerin got to work on cutting the batting, I started sewing the squares together.
Oy.
Hours of cutting, stitching and admiring later, we were ravenous, so we were off to China King for some fuel. Between the two of us, we polished off an order of fried dumplings, lo mein, and kung pao chicken and sadly, we were still not full. Who know quilting was such hard work?
We joined the clean plate club thrice that afternoon...
And as of 2:30 AM Monday morning, the quilt in its current state:
Ta Da!
The top half is sewn together, bottom half still needs to be done, a trim around the entire blanket, then each of the edges need to be frayed. Blarg.
In the end, spending $200 on a quilt may have been the smarter thing to do.
But, of course, now I want to make one for myself... I hope Yerin cherishes this quilt for the rest of her life because some serious blood, sweat and tears (... and chinese take out grease) went into it.


Comments