Sunday Wrap Up

I am rather proud of this little creation...


I came home from work armed with a rotisserie chicken and a 6 ounce container of greek yogurt hungry and determined to make a healthy chicken salad. And by golly, I did it!

This makes a lot (obviously... I used an entire chicken), so it's great if you have friends. Friends who love chicken salad.

Ingredients:
1 roasted chicken, picked apart lovingly
4 stalks of celery, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
6 ounce container of greek yogurt (I used the 0% Chobani)
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste


Directions:
Mix everything together! That's it!

Obviously you can add other things to this chicken salad if you want to - grapes and some green apple for a waldorf version perhaps?

If you're the last person on earth that has yet to be sold on this whole greek yogurt thing, then maybe just use a little bit of the greek yogurt and a little bit of mayo for your chicken salad? There's something lovely about the tanginess of the greek yogurt, so don't be scared!

After all of that hard work, I settled in for the premiere of Mad Men with a glass of milk and a dairy and egg free chocolate cupcake! (I know, nothing I do ever seems to make much sense.)

I made these vegan cupcakes the other day and just schmeared some chocolate icing on top during one of the commercial breaks.


Yummy cupcakes like these make me think that I could be vegan. You know, if I didn't love things like milk with my cupcakes and chicken salad so much. :/

Comments

Kristen said…
I'll take some of that chicken salad with sliced almonds and grapes please. I work on Tuesday.
Leslie said…
I like the looks of that chicken salad. I can't wait until I have some free time (maybe tomorrow night or perhaps I have to wait until this weekend) to restock and make some yummy low-cal dishes.
Joann said…
YUM! Share those recipes Leslie!!

Popular Posts