A Rivah Weekend

As I was saying, the weekend was spent at the rivah - I don't remember which river, but does it really matter?

On our way down, we met up with these guys in Fredericksburg and spent the afternoon eating, exploring, and catching up.

We went to Eileen's for lunch!

As luck would have it, Eileen's was participating in Restaurant Week, so we got a pretty neat deal on a pretty healthy spread.

I had a bit of Dizzle's Chicken Salad Sandwich and it was PHENOM.
… but so was my katmandu, potato salad and coconut cupcake <3

After lunch, we went to campus to catch up with the renovations and the guys got matching T-shirts (totes adorbs).

Dizzle getting a taste of the new lecture hall in Monroe.
So classy.

It was also in this trip to Fred that I had my first experience at Vinny's - it was INCREDIBLE. Stan was right. Stan's always right. As soon as I bit into their chocolate cannoli, I knew. As a tear slowly rolled down my cheek, I knew I had discovered love.

<3

After dinner, we headed east towards the water and hours later, ended up in the most peaceful place on earth… the RIVAH house.  We went crazy (as kids our age do) and MJ and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning coloring and Socks… well, Socks couldn't exactly keep up with the cool kids.

SkillZ.

not so much.

The next morning, we woke up and spent the rest of the day relishing in the fact that we had absolutely nothing to do. Oh, and we also ate lunch.

On some delicious Guiness Bread from Eileen's.

Behold, the hardest they've worked all day.

I would drone on and on about how rough life is at the river, but it's not. At all. It's actually like stepping into an alternate universe of awesomeness with your friends and achieving a level of relaxation you never thought possible.

Comments

Popular Posts