My First Keiki!!!!
I'm in full-blown orchid nerd mode… I was watering my orchid friends yesterday and found that one of them sprung a keiki! SO EXCITED.
I've read about these things before and even tried my own hand at orchid propagation, but failed miserably. I guess this is nature's way of saying, "Joj, I've got this."
A Keiki (Hawaiian for "baby") is basically a mini version of the mother plant, so this little guy is going to bloom exactly like his mom years and years from now. All I can do now is keep an eye on him and wait until his adorable baby roots grow to about 3 inches, then he'll be cut off and living on his own (tear).
I suppose it would only be right to throw an orchid birthday party for this little guy… they grow up so quickly. Off to assemble an orchid powdered-food pellet birthday cake… :/
I've read about these things before and even tried my own hand at orchid propagation, but failed miserably. I guess this is nature's way of saying, "Joj, I've got this."
A Keiki (Hawaiian for "baby") is basically a mini version of the mother plant, so this little guy is going to bloom exactly like his mom years and years from now. All I can do now is keep an eye on him and wait until his adorable baby roots grow to about 3 inches, then he'll be cut off and living on his own (tear).
I suppose it would only be right to throw an orchid birthday party for this little guy… they grow up so quickly. Off to assemble an orchid powdered-food pellet birthday cake… :/


Comments