Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!  I spent the evening with the fam feasting on deeeelicious king crab legs, then rang in the new year with the boys, a few episodes of Portlandia, and a movie about arm wrestling (…?).


After they left, I attempted to finish the rest of the bubbly (failed miserably) and fell asleep watching NY Ink.  Oh, how I love Ami James…

On New Year's Day, the fam and I went to check out a new restaurant in Falls Church, Hong Kong Pearl and it was PHENOM.  As a secret Asian, I normally try to stray from expressing excitement over anything Asian-ish… but I really can't help myself over this place.

Now, allow me to explain to those of you who think Chinese food is anything covered in soy sauce, served with rice, and topped with fried wonton strips… you are wrong.  I'm not trying to hate on you though... there is a time and place for everything and I am as guilty of indulging in China King as anyone else… but when it comes to real Chinese Food, Cantonese-Style… that stuff is hard to beat.

We had the set meal which consisted of a record number of different meats and seafood and had me begging for a vegetable to make an appearance… everything was SO good though.

We started with the roasted duck, roasted pork (two ways), lobster, fish, more pork, steak, crab, chicken, fried rice with scallops and shrimp, and thankfully, some beautiful baby bok choy.  I know it doesn't seem possible to cover that much ground in one meal, but if anyone can do it, it's an Asian.

This was definitely my favorite dish - the chicken was SO tender, covered in these delicious garlic chips, and the skin was flavorful and super crispy.  YUM.  
Although, I have no idea why they use the poor guy's head as decor…

Some would be horrified… I'm just getting hungry…
Some roasted ducks and chickens - the style of cooking these beautiful birds promotes a thin, crispy skin and super moist and tender meat.

Next time you're in Seven Corners, definitely check this place out - their Dim Sum is really good too (we hit it up this restaurant twice in the last week). :|

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey JoJo, remember when you listed how many terrible things would be more fun/better then being married to me? Wasn't that fun!
Joann said…
Yes, I had a BLAST!!

Popular Posts