Happy Birthday to THIS Guy.
Ode to a Polo Socks
THOU still unravish'd man of contemporary shaving technology,
THOU foster-child of Ralph Lauren and Wisconsin 'tude,
...
What mad pursuit? What struggle to survive in a clean-shaven world?
What hole-y NorthFace Sweatshirt and books strewn about? What wild ability to consume the butter of peanuts?
…
Ah, happy, happy birthday! That cannot shed,
the added burden of "26," bid the Spring adieu;
…
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all
Ye know on earth (so shave yo' face)!
…
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you,
You're so vain,
I'll bet you think this song is about you,
Don't you? Don't you?
SORRY, I got tired of re-writing Ode to a Grecian Urn. Ugh. Poetry. I think between Keats and Carly Simon, you get the gist of it. P Socks, in all of his unshaven, tree-hugging glory, and SORRY 'BOUT IT attitude is turning 26 tomorrow. Gross.
Now, some good things to say about this kid:
1. [draws blank. blinks at screen.]
2. [Okay, I can do this.]
3. He eats anything I make.
4. He's really smart!
5. He co-invented NIGHT HIKE. WHICH IS AWESOME.
6. He's good at baking!
7. He's good at living all the freaking way in Wisconsin…
8. He's good at making fun of my giant calves…
Okay, I think we're just about done here. Happy Birthday tomorrow Socks!
P.S. I think it's AMAZING that I have referred to Socks so much as "Socks" that some of my friends forget what his real name is. This is actually quite common.
But that's the price you pay for having a Joj in your life - isn't that right, Dubs? [insert the sweetest of smiles here]



Comments
PS great blog post. This Socks character seems pretty awesome; you should blog about him all the time.
-not eric