"come on in!"
I got to say this all day, because WHAT WHAT I got to pretend like I had an office today.
WITH A DOOR.
That people knock on and request permission to open and enter.
There was also a desk and a chair involved. A chair that rolls.
Not that I got to do very much rolling, I just sat in front of the computer the entire time… and if I had it my way, I would have had a few windows put in, but beggars can't really be choosers I suppose.
I can't remember that last time I've had to get that much paper work done in one sitting before… oh wait, yes I can. It was called college and times were TOUGH.
But, it helped to not have distractions (hence, the office with the door) and I was prepared with the ol' college huge-test/monster-paper survival kit:
I survived, got all the work I needed to get done, and finally surfaced seven hours later looking a little dead inside, shaking a bit and covered in crumbs.
I imagine this is what life is like with a 9-5 kind of job…
… and I mean, I like Cheez-Its, so I can kind of see the appeal.



Comments