Tasty Rabbit Food.
Kale chips are the greatest snack food since the chocolate covered potato chip!!!
And I'm actually not so sure that rabbits can eat them… I'll get back to you on that one. I've got some rabbit people in the ol' Rolodex that I'm sure will know…
For humans though, these kale chips are SUPER easy to make and a great snack! They've got texture! They've got flavor! They've got salt! They've got cheese! What more could you want?
(… I suppose you could add bacon to it if you wanted to.)
Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale
olive oil (approximately 2 tablespoons)
salt
grated hard cheese (I used Pecorino Romano)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry kale leaves. Separate leaves from the tough center stalk and tear into smaller pieces (about 2-3" across).
3. Spread kale leaves onto a sheet pan and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle a little salt and cheese evenly onto the leaves.
5. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until leaves are crispy but not burnt to a crisp.
Yum! It may look like a lot of kale at first, but it bakes into nearly nothing… I had enough kale to fill two pans, and ended up with only enough to make it through an episode of Khloe & Lamar. Rough. :/
And I'm actually not so sure that rabbits can eat them… I'll get back to you on that one. I've got some rabbit people in the ol' Rolodex that I'm sure will know…
For humans though, these kale chips are SUPER easy to make and a great snack! They've got texture! They've got flavor! They've got salt! They've got cheese! What more could you want?
(… I suppose you could add bacon to it if you wanted to.)
Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale
olive oil (approximately 2 tablespoons)
salt
grated hard cheese (I used Pecorino Romano)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry kale leaves. Separate leaves from the tough center stalk and tear into smaller pieces (about 2-3" across).
3. Spread kale leaves onto a sheet pan and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle a little salt and cheese evenly onto the leaves.
5. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until leaves are crispy but not burnt to a crisp.
Yum! It may look like a lot of kale at first, but it bakes into nearly nothing… I had enough kale to fill two pans, and ended up with only enough to make it through an episode of Khloe & Lamar. Rough. :/


Comments