Please Pack Your Knives.

I woke up this morning and turned on the TV to a Top Chef Marathon and decided I was going to do a quick fire challenge myself (since watching Top Chef only makes me hungry).

I decided to try to wipe out as many odds and ends out of the vegetable drawer as possible all while making as little of a mess as possible.  Hmm.  Sounds easy enough.


I diced up the tomato, green pepper, found and diced up half an onion, sliced up the mushrooms, and scrambled one whole egg and one egg white.  Crumbled up some feta cheese and got to work!



First, I added some oil to the pan and sauteed the onions, peppers and tomatoes on high heat.  I also threw in some hot sauce.  Because hot sauce and breakfast go together like Sonny and Cher (well, maybe that's a bad analogy…).


Then I added some sliced mushrooms, loads of baby spinach and seasoned with salt and pepper.


I sauteed everything until the spinach wilted, threw in the egg and the feta, and then scrambled it around to make a mess of vegetables, egg, and cheese.


It looks like a disgusting mess.  But, as it has happened before on Top Chef, I was the only contestant to work within the guidelines set by the quick fire challenge.  I just happened to also be the only contestant in this particular quick fire challenge, but rules are rules.  And I WON!!!

On top of that, the vegetable drawer is cleaned out, I've only got a cutting board, a pan, and some bowls to clean up, and I'm full and ready to enjoy the rest of the Top Chef Marathon…

OOOOooooOOoh, Paula Deen and John Besh are in this next episode!  Gotta run!

Comments

nicole said…
so creative jojo!! :)

Popular Posts