A Quick Makeover...

I'm a little late on the Spring Cleaning, but better late than never, I suppose.  And nothing gets me more motivated to clean than buying stuff (and then having to find space for it)!

I went to Anthropologie the other day and saw some initial mugs and at $6 a piece and thought they'd make for a relatively inexpensive way to jazz up the bachelor pad…

When I moved in, I kind of hated the huge shelving and even tried my darndest to remove it (luckily my darndest wasn't really a threat to the indestructible shelves).  I've embraced them and now they serve as a bookshelf/crap holder/displayer of knick knacks… basically a hot mess:


I moved some books around, filled a box full of things I have finally decided it was time to say goodbye to (i.e. old baseballs from silly boys) and I arranged the mugs in their new home (haha, no pun intended).

I was actually trying to decide which letters to get and in retrospect, probably should have gotten WTSM… but I can (and will) always go back for more!


On their own, they look a little bare, so I jazzed them up with some foliage from outside… it was actually a lot of fun, I got to make some mini arrangements and used up some of the flowers I planted weeks ago…


Doesn't get more "locally grown" than that… this one was my favorite, I combined some white tulips with some lavender, it smells SOOOOOO good!


And for the last mug, the "E" I took some clippings from a bush outside that I hate (mostly because the leaves fall everywhere year round), but I employed Ina Garten's lots of the same flower/plant genius and I actually love it…  


While I was outside, I found a peony bush the previous owner must have planted!!!  I seriously hit the jackpot!  I had been meaning to plant one this year, so I transplanted some of the plant (I'm still hoping it takes to its new location) and in the process accidentally broke off one of the parts. :/

Ever the optimistic when it comes to plants (they seem to have a pretty strong will to survive), I plopped it in an old bottle and turned it into more decor… and so far so good, just waiting for more roots to develop!


Love Love LOVE Peonies!  I can't wait for them to bloom!!

Comments

Kristen said…
Yay for anthro mugs!! Super cute update joj....
CPxo said…
love the decor, as well as the blog design. not too much going on, cute color scheme and cheery flowers for spring :) me gusta muchisimo
Kaitlin said…
I liked those shelves! The whole bachelor pad was neat-o. This is a cute update and all but... Shouldn't you be busy making WTSM bumper stickers?

Popular Posts