Post-Shower Secrets...

Alright, this is what you don't know…

I would love to sit here and tell you that the two lovely tea sandwiches and fruit from the bridal shower filled me and then I went home and had a club soda with a slice of cucumber and a mesclun salad with some seared ahi tuna for a light and refreshing dinner… because that's what I would like for you to believe.

But, that would be a lie.  And if I'm honest about anything on this blog, it's about food…

BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER BURGER!!!!


Alright, so after a quick pit stop at the grocery store, the UFC FIGHT BURGER was invented.  Aptly named after the fight we were watching while consuming this monstrosity of a burger.

Allow me to break it down for you:
Bun.
Juicy burger
bleu cheese (extra stank-y)
hickory smoked bacon
caramelized onions
sundried tomatoes
BUN.
No LETTUCE.
No KETCHUP.
No MAYONNAISE.
No PICKLES.

JUST. AWESOME.

I mean… how bad could that be?

The BEST part of the evening (besides GSP winning) was THIS:

WHAT!? AMAZING!!!

That's right! We made our own ROOT BEER!

High Fructose Corn Syrup Free Root Beer, and it tastes pretty awesome (well DUH Joann… with the 3/4 cup of sugar you had to add).

Comments

Joyce said…
The burger looks totally amazing! I will definitely try to find an awesome occasion to celebrate with one of those bad boys... What base did you use for the root beer? Club soda? Please share.

Joyce
Joann said…
I used seltzer, but you can use either! It's awesome!!!! And think of all the possibilities… Root Beer Cake!?!??!?
CPxo said…
I think we were meant to be. I too watched said fight, but at Hooters consuming delicious shrimp and wings and sipping (more like chugging) strawberry lemonade made with Ketel One. lol GSP BABY!!!! i almost feel like a traitor rooting for Canada over Shields, our American fighting machine but st. pierre will always have my heart.

back to the topic of food. i love caramelized onions, but my newest craving is crispy fried onions.
i.e. sliver onions, dip in milk, toss in flour and old bay mixture, deep fry, devour.

Popular Posts