Joey's 25th (yikes)

So last Saturday, we celebrated Joey's birthday with dinner at Gajillo in Arlington, a TINY mexican restaurant.

Susie told us to be on time for our reservation (early even... or they would give our table away) so of COURSE, Liz and I got lost and were late (not our fault, the restaurant is in a random location) and had to literally sprint into the restaurant... really glamorous stuff.

The food was alright, I'm sticking to my argument that good Mexican food should be one thing: cheap. And Gajillo wasn't expensive, but it wasn't cheap either. The food was alright, but the Margaritas (as promised) were the best I've EVER had, not that I'm an aficionado or anything, but it was really REALLY good and a healthy size. The service, I'll be honest, I've had better... but nevertheless, it's always a good time if you've got good company.

Joey giving his birthday toast.

Afterwards, Joey had plans to meet other friends at a bar a few blocks away, so we waited with him... that's when we made a random new friend, Ashley, whose friends had deserted her... and thanks to Joey's new flip camera, we caught it on tape... I may or may not have been egging her on a bit.

Warning: Ashley is a little bit, scratch that, a lot of bit inebriated.



But after this whole Ashley experience (and realizing we were not going to fit in in the city) we decided to ditch the Arlington for the comforts of the suburbs... and were all home by 10 PM. Now THAT'S a good birthday.

Comments

Popular Posts