KYSO Bourbon Balls!

KYSO meaning Knock Your Socks Off... because they surely do, this is not for the faint of heart. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing with them, but I figure they might be a nice little addition to some gift boxes I'm throwing together for the holidays.


So seriously, my dad and I dug out an old bottle of bourbon he never had the heart to open (dated all the way back to 1996... whoa, I was a seedling then) and got cracking. They're actually pretty good, despite the fact that after half of a bourbon ball, I can't legally operate a vehicle.

Aaaand now that you're all interested and stuff...

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
2 cups nilla wafers (crushed)
2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp bourbon (or rum, if you're a pirate)
1/2 cup powdered sugar (to decorate, I also rolled some in chocolate)

Directions
Combine nilla wafers, nuts, 2 cups powdered sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl.

With a spoon, stir in corn syrup and bourbon and mix to combine.

Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in additional powdered sugar or melted chocolate.


side note: I'm obsessed with my silpat from Sur La Table... if you don't have one yet, get six.

Tips: If you do choose to dip some in chocolate (pfft, why wouldn't you), it might be easier to store them in the fridge for about half an hour before you dip them. Make sure you store the bourbon balls in an airtight container.

Comments

Unknown said…
joj...the picture of the silpat and the bourbon balls is SO pioneer woman. you are on your way...all you need is a marlboro man...and you KNOW those are hard to come by.
Susan said…
OMG PLEASE SEND SOME MY WAY!!! Btw they look beautiful. How do you get that stripe on the choc ones? I'm making snickerdoodle cookies as we speak :)
Joann said…
Susie, you and I will just need to have a weekend workshop.

Popular Posts