mon ami gabi, take two

So last week, Lauren, Lindsey, Joey and I met at Mon Ami Gabi in Reston. I absolutely loved it when I went with Yerin months ago (check that post out here), and it certainly did not disappoint this time around!

Lauren and Lindsey

I went with the usual Steak Roquefort, which was delish. Sadly to say, I'm a creature of habit when it comes to restaurants... but after forcing Joey to order the Steak au Poivre (selfishly just so I could try it...), I must say, it might be my new favorite. Because I'm not a fan of crispy french fries (I know, don't hate me) I substituted with the mashed potatoes, and man, their potatoes are perfect. So simple, but I've never had better. I wanted to drown in a vat of it.

We had a wonderful time, tasted the melted brie appetizer (which changed my life)... featuring perfectly toasted garlic crostini, warm gooey brie, roasted garlic, honey, and hazelnuts... YUM.

I could eat this everyday for the rest of my life.

Mon Ami Gabi certainly knows how to do simple food, exceptionally well... the secret to any successful restaurant.

Comments

Popular Posts