End of an Era

Today at about the time they rolled out the surprise cake for the goodbyes it hit me: tomorrow's my LAST DAY.

That's right, five years and seven months of my existence have been spent at the Dulles store, and tomorrow, it'll all be over. I am getting teary just thinking about it (guh).

You know the story, it happens all the time. People leave, people move, high school ends, college unfortunately ends, and you swear you'll stay in touch (I mean you love these people SO MUCH!) but if I've learned anything, it's that relationships are HARD. They require more attention than most people realize. Staying in touch sure is easy to write on a card, but definitely something I need to work on.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Dulles for anything, and hopefully the group of people that make that store so special to me realize that they are the reason I've really loved coming into work for the past 5 1/2 years.

... and now I'm officially a mess of emotions. Great.

Comments

Joey Bersack said…
Get it together Tong. Don't forget the way they treated you too. It wasn't always Sunshine and kittens, so don't get nostalgic and block out all of the other stuff.

Popular Posts