A Lesson in Pâte à Choux ...
I just wrapped up a marathon baking session in preparation for tomorrow's book club/open house event and let it be known that when tackling pâte à choux, the piping is everything my dahlings...
The recipe itself is rather simple... apparently water, butter, eggs, and flour will make you a cream puff... but out of about 50 of the puffs I piped, maybe 6 passed the test and will make an appearance at the fete tomorrow and be unappreciated until it has been chewed up and sloshed around in saliva. Life as a cream puff sure sounds lovely, doesn't it?
But, I unintentionally piped some pretty cute birds and felt a strong desire to blog about it... reason #10294902 why Joann is single: pheasant-shaped puffs are the highlight of her day.
The recipe itself is rather simple... apparently water, butter, eggs, and flour will make you a cream puff... but out of about 50 of the puffs I piped, maybe 6 passed the test and will make an appearance at the fete tomorrow and be unappreciated until it has been chewed up and sloshed around in saliva. Life as a cream puff sure sounds lovely, doesn't it?
But, I unintentionally piped some pretty cute birds and felt a strong desire to blog about it... reason #10294902 why Joann is single: pheasant-shaped puffs are the highlight of her day.


Comments