Corn & Tomatillo Salsa (MAKE IT)

Author's Note: If you have time to read my blog (which, FYI - is about absolutely nothing), you DEFINITELY have the time to make this.


I had one of my Aisle 14B moments the other day and saw Tomatillos and bought them (without realizing I had no idea how to use them). Then, I decided I would make them into a salsa. Why not, right? Anyways, it was AWESOME and now I'm sharing... You'll never go back to regular salsa again (tomatoes were so last season anyway).

Ingredients:
- 12-15ish Tomatillos (ranging in size from "daaaang, that's a small one" to golf-ball size
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 can of corn
- 1/4 onion
- juice from 1/3 of a lime
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)

Directions:
1. Peel tomatillos (they have a papery exterior) and rinse well, dice (uniformly - ehm JOEY) throw into a bowl.
2. Dice onion and jalapeno (remove seeds if you're a chicken, leave some in if you're awesome like me) and throw into the bowl as well.
3. Open can of corn and add it to the party with with the rest of the ingredients
4. Mix it up.
5. Consume.

Makes about enough to accompany an entire bag of Tostito's Multigrain Tortilla Chips.

Comments

Popular Posts