Spicy Honey Garlic Butter Wings

Standing up for what you believe in isn't always easy.

I've spent some 10+ years defending my favorite wing place. Standing by the place despite the slight decline since opening multiple locations, despite newer, fancier establishments threatening this older, crustier establishment. Even despite that one time they force-fed me so many wings my nose started to bleed (Okay fine, they never force fed me. I did it on my own free will.) No, even then, I did not turn my back on this place.

Instead, I insist to this day that the original location still had the best wings, I scoff at every person who suggests Wild Wings was a legitimate wing place, and of course I went back for wings after "the incident." It was all you can eat wing night, no pain, no gain.

But now I'm a miserable 2 hours away from Buffalo Wing Factory and that means my ALLTIMEFAVORITIESTOFALLTIME wings - their spicy honey garlic butter wings, are also 2 hours away. So I decided to make my own.

They're not the same - because they're not fried and because I'm not magic, but I was supposed to only eat 6 and ended up polishing off the entire bowl... so they do the trick.


You Will Need

1.5 to 2 pounds of wings
4 tablespoons butter (separated)
salt and pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 

In a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter. Coat wings in melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Spread wings on baking sheet lined with parchment paper - bake 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 20 minutes. 

Meanwhile, in same saucepan used earlier, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, add minced garlic, cook until garlic gets a little crispy, but not burned (about 1 minute), add chili flakes and honey, cook until combined (about 30 seconds). Remove from heat.

Once wings are done, toss wings in a large bowl with spicy honey butter. Add parmesan cheese and toss until wings are coated. Serve with chopped parsley on top.

As lame as it might sound, I'll try baked instead of fried wings this year for the Super Bowl - wings are wings, as long as they're not (gasp) boneless!

Comments

Popular Posts