Madventure!

Man, what a trip!  The adventure started as planned (well, as well as any trip of this magnitude can be planned) - we all piled into two cars, along with all of P Socks' belongings and drove out to Madison.

It turns out, it can take up to 18 hours to drive to Madison - with a Cracker Barrel break (of course!) a million tolls, some Phil Collins, and a looong boring drive through Ohio sandwiched in between Virginia and Wisconsin…

Luckily, I don't know how to drive a manual car and slept most of the way in the back seat… life, as they say, is rough.

I did wake up somewhere in Indiana to snap a photo of some crazy cool clouds…


… and then promptly passed out again.

We arrived at the famous Aunt Kathy's abode at about midnight, rallied like champions and headed out with Kathy to The Laurel Tavern for some Spotted Cow (my new fav beer of all time-ness) and billiards.

The next day, we moved P Socks' junk into his new apartment, pretty much left it there and went to go see sights (he'll tell you the apartment is livable in its current state… maybe if you were a raccoon) and stayed at Kathy's the rest of the time.  <- Duh.  I had the best room in the house… ORANGE ROOM!


So bright and cheery, I love it!!

Alright, alright… we did more than look at clouds and admire wall paint.

We ate (understatement of a lifetime):

AMAZING dinner at the Glarner Stube!

Apple Pancake at OHOP!

Awesome Pizza at Pizza Brutta!

Michael's Frozen Custard.  EVERY. DAY. SON.

You know you're on vacation when you have a boot full of beer at lunch.

Awesome finds at the Farmer's Market… I found my candy striped beets!
Farmer's Market changed my life.  Duh.

Out of body experience with the corned beef and swiss sandwich at Mickies Dairy Bar… <3

… and their Strawberry Rhubarb coffee cake.  (You know how I feel about Strawberry Rhubarb.)

Best Tacos Ever at Los Gemelos.  You don't even KNOW.

And, of course, we ended the trip where it all began… back at the local dive bar, home of the BEST DANG BLT you'll ever have in your entire life… not to mention those awesome fried cheese curds… yummy…

SO excited about his BLT.

Fried, cheesy, curdiness.  Love in its purest form.

If you've come to the end of this post and thought, "Well gee Joj, this doesn't sound like a lot of food…"

I failed to mention (mostly because I didn't have photographs to accompany): the lake perch (OMG.), the Zanzibar ice cream at The Chocolate Shoppe (the chocolatiest, delicious-est, smoothest ice cream you'll ever have!), the squash curry, the peanut curry, fried cheese curds at Dottie's, the BURGERS at Dottie's… ugh.  

And now I want fried cheese curds.  Great.


Comments

Kait said…
I like the orange room and the picture of Alex Trebek on the bookcase, too.
Alex Trebek said…
Oh, and by "Flavor Of The Day: Oreo" they mean "Flavor for ANY day, Oreo", right?
Joann said…
hahaha that's exactly what LK said too. It may be true. Oreo is always acceptable.

Popular Posts